Customer Service Agreement
What’s this agreement for?
This is a Customer Service Agreement between us and you to define our relationship and provide important clarity. Within the agreement, we explain the services we’ll be providing, and the conditions associated with providing those services.
The terms we use in this agreement
For your understanding and clarity, please see below an explanation for the terms used in this agreement.
NDIS stands for National Disability Insurance Scheme as established by the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (Cth). The NDIA is the National Disability Insurance Agency, which runs the NDIS.
Plan Management Partners Pty Ltd is a Registered Provider of Supports under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (Cth). In this Agreement, we are referred to as ‘Plan Partners’.
Plan means the written NDIS Plan developed with you and on your behalf by the National Disability Insurance Agency or their delegate (for example, your local area coordinator).
The person for whom the Plan has been developed.
Plan Management or Support Coordination Services (as applicable) delivered by Plan Partners.
Other Support Services
The services delivered by other service providers.
The Plan Management Services delivered by Plan Partners. The NDIS refer to this service as ‘Improved Life Choices’ in your NDIS Plan.
The Support Coordination Services delivered by Plan Partners. The NDIS refer to this service as ‘Coordination of Supports’ in your NDIS Plan.
The date you sign this Agreement. If you are filling out this Agreement online, the Commencement Date is the date you tick the ‘I accept the terms of this Agreement’ box when you submit the form online to us.
Term 1: Agreement
This Agreement is between Plan Partners and you, our customer. The Agreement commences on the Commencement Date and will continue until either you, or Plan Partners, terminates it in accordance with this Agreement.
This Agreement describes each of our rights and responsibilities.
It is important you understand that:
- Your Plan may be different from the details recorded in the NDIS portal;
- Plan Partners will provide the Plan Management and/or Support Coordination Services according to the details recorded in the NDIS portal, should those details not coincide with the details in your Plan;
- Plan Partners will verify the records in the NDIS portal and advise you by email or phone if they are different to the details in your Plan;
- Plan Partners will seek payment for Our Services directly from the NDIA;
- Plan Partners will automatically renew your Plan Management and/or Support Coordination Services with Plan Partners following each plan review. If you do not want this Agreement to automatically renew, you may contact us at any time;
- You can change the Services you nominate at any time by emailing or calling us. We require prior notice of 5 business days.
You agree to:
- Plan Partners making administrative arrangements to allow your service providers to be paid from your NDIS funds on your behalf;
- Plan Partners accessing aspects of your Plan to provide you with the Plan Management Services you have chosen;
- Plan Partners discussing your NDIS Plan with the NDIA and its delegates (such as local area coordinators);
- Plan Partners discussing with service providers about Other Support Services that have been, or will be, delivered by them;
- Plan Partners providing you with Plan Management and/or Support Coordination Services in line with the terms set out in this Agreement;
- Plan Partners automatically renewing your Plan Management and/or Support Coordination Services following each Plan review (unless you tell us not to); and
- Being interviewed and have your records reviewed by a third party accreditation and legislative body if required for auditing.
Term 2: Our Responsibilities
During the term of this Agreement, Plan Partners will:
- Provide Our Services in a way that is consistent with all relevant laws, including the NDIS Act, the NDIS Rules, National Privacy Principles and Australian Consumer Law;
- Provide Our Services only to the amount funded by your Plan;
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all Our Services provided to you;
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all claims for Other Support Services processed on your behalf;
- Within the limits of our role, liaise with Other Support Providers on your behalf to facilitate service delivery or resolve any concerns you may have;
- Provide access to information about amounts claimed and your remaining balances for Our Services and Other Support Services;
- Communicate in a timely, professional manner;
- Liaise with the NDIA about your Plan when necessary; and
- Operate in accordance with Plan Partners’ Conflict of Interest Policy.
Term 3: Termination
Either you, or Plan Partners, may terminate this Service Agreement at any time.
Thirty (30) days prior notice of a termination must be given in writing or by phone if written notice cannot be provided. This notice period will be waived if the termination is the result of a serious breach of this Service Agreement by either Party.
If you notify us that you want to terminate this Service Agreement, Plan Partners will:
- Notify the NDIA and the service providers providing supports to you under your Plan that we will no longer be acting as your intermediary once the 30-day notice period is up. We will also notify them we will only accept claims for payment up to the end date of this Agreement.
Term 4: Feedback, Complaints, Disputes and Incident Reporting
You can give us feedback, make a complaint or ask for a copy of our Feedback & Complaints Policy by:
- Calling Plan Partners on 1300 333 700 and we will try to resolve your issue(s) during the call.
- Emailing email@example.com, or
- Submitting your feedback online
We will handle your complaint in accordance with our Feedback & Complaints Policy. If our team are unable to resolve the complaint, it will be forwarded to senior management. If you are still not satisfied with our response, or you do not feel comfortable talking with us, you can contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission on 1800 035 544 or visit www.ndiscommission.gov.au. If you reside in Western Australia, contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office on 1800 813 583 or visit www.hadsco.wa.gov.au.
If you would like support giving your feedback, we encourage you to seek support from family, a friend or an independent advocate. The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find independent advocacy services near you.
We encourage any person to report incidents of unsafe or poor quality services and supports, or if people are at risk of harm in connection with our Services and Supports.
When we receive a report, we manage it according to the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission’s Standards, Rules and Reportable Incidents Guidance.
Term 5: Responsibilities of the Customer
You agree to:
- Take ultimate responsibility for selecting who will provide Other Support Services and to let Plan Partners know who those providers are, their contact details and the service agreements or arrangements you have with them;
- Inform Plan Partners about concerns you have with any of the relevant supports being provided, including supports provided by Plan Partners;
- Let us know if you suspend, change or intend to change your Plan, or if you are no longer a participant in the NDIS;
- Let Plan Partners know if you suspend, change or intend to change your provider/s of Other Support Services. Any such changes must be in accordance with the service agreement/s you have with your provider/s;
- Provide Plan Partners with a copy of any updated or revised Plan as soon as reasonably possible;
- Plan Partners providing documents electronically and emailing updates to you;
- Inform Plan Partners if you do not wish to receive documents electronically or email updates;
- Treat Plan Partners staff and your provider/s of Other Support Services with courtesy, respect and consideration at all times; and
- Work cooperatively with Plan Partners regarding issues arising during the development and delivery of Supports and Services covered by this Agreement.
Term 6: Goods and Services Tax
- Goods and services provided in Australia are subject to s 38-38 of the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999. The Parties confirm that the supply of Plan Partners’ Supports under this Service Agreement is a supply of one or more of the reasonable and necessary supports specified in the statement included, under s 33(2) of the NDIS Act, in your Plan.
Term 7: Marketing
You agree that:
- You will receive direct marketing from us unless you request otherwise;
- You can contact us at any time to let us know you no longer wish to receive direct marketing material from us.
Term 8: Additional Terms
Plan Management Terms
These additional terms are only applicable if you sign up for Plan Management.
Plan Partners will process payment on your behalf for Other Support Services from your Plan, provided that:
- The support provider supplies a tax invoice that is aligned with the guidelines of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and the NDIS;
- The Support Services satisfy the test for reasonable and necessary supports as defined by the NDIA;
- The supports are consistent with your current Plan and service agreements or with other instructions you have provided;
- Goods and services tax (GST) may be payable even if the provider is not a registered service provider with the NDIA. If so, the GST payable will be funded by your Plan; and
- Claims for payment of the services with the NDIA are successful.
Support Coordination Terms
These additional terms are only applicable if you sign up for Support Coordination.
- If your Plan is self-managed or Plan Managed by another party, Plan Partners will send a tax invoice for service within 30 days of service delivery.
- Travel by the Plan Partners team may be included in the hours of support provided to you and funded by your Plan.