A quick guide to approving your NDIS invoices
For all our Plan Managed customers
Would you like the option to review your invoices before we send them to the NDIS? Or would you prefer to let us take care of it all? Whatever you prefer, Plan Partners has an option for you. In this Quick Guide we explore why people do – or don’t – want to approve their NDIS invoices and how you can select to approve invoices in your Plan Partners Dashboard - also available as an App.
Should I approve my own invoices?
There’s no right or wrong answer here as it entirely depends on your personal preference.
Some people prefer to take a hands-off approach to their NDIS invoices, rely on the expertise of a Plan Manager and never want to approve their invoices. Depending on your NDIS plan and the amount of services you receive, you might have to review quite a number of invoices each week. Although Plan Partners have made it easy to approve invoices, it means you still need to view each invoice and check them regularly. If you miss one, this might mean that your provider does not get paid and this could risk discontinuation of your services.
But for others, reviewing and approving invoices can be a great way to be more active in their NDIS journey. It can give them peace of mind, checking whether their providers have invoiced their services correctly.
How do I approve my invoices?
Your Plan Partners Dashboard makes it very easy to approve invoices – and with our New App, you can even approve them while you’re out and about. Here’s how…
- When a provider submits an invoice, you’ll receive an email notifying you that it’s ready to be approved.
- Click the link in the email to be taken directly to the Your Invoices and Payments page of your Dashboard.
- View all your invoices that need to be approved by clicking the Requires Approval tab.
- Find the invoice you want to review and click View and Approve.
- If you’re happy with the invoice, click the Approve button!
It’s even simpler to approve invoices using our App. If you have downloaded our App, you’ll get a notification when there’s an invoice waiting for you, then all you need to do is click the link and you’ll be taken straight to the invoice and approval screen.
How do I select to approve my invoices?
If you want to approve your invoices before we submit them to the NDIS, you have to select this in your Dashboard. Here’s how:
- go to the Your Profile page of your Dashboard
- click on Personal Details
- scroll down to the Your Preferences section
- choose your Invoice Approval Preference
- click Save – done!
How long do I have to approve an invoice?
In your ‘Invoice Approval preference’ you have two options when it comes to timing.
- Have your invoices automatically approved if you don’t approve them yourself within 48 hours: this gives you the option of reviewing them, but also doesn’t put pressure on you if you feel you might not get to check every single one.
- Have your invoices sit indefinitely until you approve them yourself: if you prefer to have total control over your budgets, this might be the option for you. But make sure you check your invoices regularly and not miss out, as you don’t want your service providers not to be paid and discontinue their services.
I don’t think this approving thing is for me…
That’s perfectly fine! You can choose to have your invoices approved automatically and sent straight to our team, who will check them and send them to the NDIS – all without you needing to do anything.
Our Dashboard also lets you nominate a person to review and approve your invoices on your behalf. This can be a family member, carer, support coordinator or anyone from your contact list. Nominating an Invoice Approver is easy, simply go to the Your Preferences section again (see above for how), select their name from the drop-down menu and click Save.
Have any questions?
Want to download the App?