Are you looking to change NDIS plan managers? Then we have good news. If you’re unhappy with the service you’re getting from your existing plan manager or looking to find one more suited to you, you can switch at any time. You should expect the best from your plan manager and switching is a quick and easy process that doesn’t cost you anything.
What should I look for in a better plan manager?
A reliable plan manager should do much more than just processing your provider invoices. If your plan manager isn't delivering on these four qualities, you should consider changing:
- Reliability: Your plan manager should be efficient when it comes to the basic services: processing your invoices and reimbursements quickly, proactively resolving invoice issues, being easy to contact, and promptly responding to your enquiries.
- Transparency: Your plan manager should provide complete visibility for how you’re tracking with your NDIS budgets through online portals and monthly statements. But they should also allow you to keep control over how you spend your budgets and give you independent advice that supports you to achieve your goals.
- Expertise: Your plan manager should know NDIS funding inside out, explaining things clearly and giving you helpful advice about your options.
- Understanding: Your plan manager should go above and beyond to understand your personal goals, so they can tailor their advice to help you achieve them.
How do I change my NDIS plan manager?
Once you’ve chosen the best plan manager for you, there are just 3 steps to making a switch:
Tell your existing plan manager you’re switching to a new provider. If you’re unsure what to say, feel free to copy and paste this text into an email for your existing plan manager:
I’m writing to let you know, I wish to exit your service for NDIS plan management. I have completed a service agreement with another plan manager and would like to commence plan management with them as soon as possible.
Please email me back to confirm you have received this request, stating the date you will release my service booking, so I can complete the transition.
Thank you for your assistance.
[Your full name]
Let your new plan manager know you want to sign up with them. At this stage, it’s a good idea to tell them you’re switching from an existing plan manager.
Providers typically have a 15-to-30-day notification period. You can ask to have this period shortened, but make sure you confirm what the final date of service will be.
As soon as your existing provider cancels your account, your new provider can activate your account with them and begin processing your invoices from your current NDIS plan. (At Plan Partners, we have the facility to backdate, which means we can process any outstanding invoices from the beginning of your current plan too).
Is there anything else I need to know before I switch?
You deserve to have a plan manager you can trust and rely on. Your current plan manager can’t deny your request to change plan manager or even question your decision. They must also continue carrying out all their duties until you have transitioned to your new plan manager.
There are no costs involved in changing NDIS plan managers. You can switch even if the NDIS has covered a set-up fee to your existing provider. And there are no addition costs involved in switching outside of the standard monthly costs (which are deducted straight from your NDIS funding).
Plan management with Plan Partners
At Plan Partners, we believe your NDIS plan is a means to achieving your goals. While many plan managers are quick to say no, we work with you to explore all the opportunities that will create possibility. If there’s a way to make something happen, you can be sure we’ll find it.
There are many other benefits to being a plan managed customer of Plan Partners:
- We don’t just look after your provider invoices, we give you the support, info and tools to help you get the most out of your NDIS funds.
- Our deep knowledge of the disability sector, local providers and the NDIS, means you get accurate, reliable advice and info, always.
- Plan Partners Dashboard makes it easier for you to manage your NDIS funds, giving complete clarity and control over your spending. And because it’s also available as an app, you can access all of its features on the go!
- Exclusive customer benefits such as our fast-tracked process for buying an iPad through Officeworks.
- Super quick reimbursements – we can have your out-of-pocket expenses back in your pocket within 4 business days.
- Easy to contact via Live Chat, phone or email – and extended hours of operation (we’re open via phone 9 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday).